Los Angeles, CA (April 8, 2014) – Time flies when you are having fun! That’s how it feels at Angel City Brewery, anyway. It’s been one year since the Brewery’s official opening and kick-off party, the Heritage Arts & Music Festival. In that year many barrels have been brewed, pints emptied, and friends made. And now it’s time to celebrate again!
On Saturday, May 3, 1-8 pm, Angel City will host the 2nd Angel City Brewery Heritage Music & Arts Festival at the Brewery’s Public House – honoring the very best of LA culture and in collaboration with DO ART Foundation, an arts organization that facilitates projects that inspire creative expression within our society.
Heritage Festival highlights will include:
- A giant toast beginning at 1:30pm, celebrating the 2nd year since Angel City’s grand opening in 2013
- Urban Beer Picnic: an outdoor music & beer oasis including a beer garden, numerous food trucks serving tasty LA-inspired food (including LA’s iconic Kogi Truck), and beer popsicles and pairings by Si Paletas
- Indoor Acoustic Stage
- Brewing Tank Photo Booth
- Brewer-Led Tours & Beer Tastings
- ACB Canvas Public Painting Project
- Angel City Gallery Space: Sunrise/Sunset: Photographs of the Arts District by Melissa Richardson Banks, aka: Downtown Muse
- Live Painting by DO ART Foundation & theatrical performances by Frontierville
- Angel City Arcade: Corn Hole, Ladder Toss, Ping Pong, Darts, Board Games
- Rally-Zone: a chill spot to charge your phone, cool your feet and take a seat
- Outdoor Artisan Bazaar in the Triangle: handmade accessories, thrift finds, and art prints
- Special beer releases including Imperial Tart Cherry, Barrel-Aged Rye Lager, Mexican-Style Cola Ale, French Sip, Imperial Chai Stout, and Oktoberfest, as well as the usual draft flavors including White Nite, Angeleno IPA, Eureka! Wit, and Gold Line Pilsner
- Bands to be announced and MORE TO COME!
“It’s been an amazing and whirlwind year at Angel City,” said brewery director Alan Newman. “We put our hearts and souls into this brewery and are really proud that the community has embraced us as it has. We hope to hold this party every year as a way to both celebrate Downtown and say thank you to all our friends and fans – without whom, literally, we would not exist. So – thanks! And come party with us!”
Visitors may be surprised by the many changes that have taken place over the course of the year, a handful of which will be making their debut during Heritage. The newly renovated mezzanine space will be officially open, along with the giant shed space that will house the Angel City main stage. Both spaces will be available for private rentals and events beginning in May.
Angel City is only two blocks from the Little Tokyo/Arts District stop on the gold line, and is encouraging festival-goers to take advantage of the city’s public transportation by giving $1 off a pint to anyone who takes a bus, or the Metro.
The Public House is Angel City’s own 19-tap bar serving an ever-changing roster of classic and newly inspired beer. The bar is open 7 days a week with a full calendar of events ranging from weekly industry and trivia nights, to art shows and live music. Private event space is also available. The Public House is open Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm – 12am, Saturday 12:00pm – 12:00am, and Sunday 12:00pm – 10:00pm.
About Angel City Brewery
Angel City Brewery is excited to be part of the renaissance of Downtown LA by bringing old-world, small-batch, craft brewing to the new world of the expanding Arts District. Angel City is committed to the continued growth and revitalization of its neighborhoods by being an interactive and supportive partner to the arts and business communities, as well as the burgeoning craft beer movement in Los Angeles. Angel City Brewery is located at located at 216 South Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Angel City Brewery is online at www.AngelCityBrewery.com, on Facebook and on Twitter. The phone number is (213) 622-1261.
Angel City Brewery and the Angel City Brewery logo are registered trademarks of Angel City Brewery.